Becoming Informed About Your Condition
If you experience an abnormal sound in your ears on a regular basis – such as a ringing, roaring, clicking, or hissing noise – it may be tinnitus. Tinnitus is a symptom that accompanies various types of hearing loss. If you have tinnitus, you may find that it interferes with your ability to hear, have conversations, sleep, work, etc.
Some of the many different causes of tinnitus include:
- Hearing loss
- Exposure to loud noises
- Medicine (over 200 types of medicines have been identified as a cause for tinnitus)
- Heart and blood vessel malfunctions
- Problems in the jaw or neck
Tinnitus Testing & Management at Our Fall River, MA Hearing Center
Although a cure has never been discovered for this condition, our professionals at Duncan Hearing Healthcare are able to help patients minimize the discomfort it causes. When you come to us for a tinnitus screening, we’ll help you determine whether you have this condition and how it can be properly managed.
While there are several different options for treatment, they do not all work on everyone, so you will have to discuss your condition with an audiologist to find out the treatment that works best for you. Hearing aids, maskers, medicine or drug therapy, and Neuromonics tinnitus therapy are all methods of treatment that are commonly used to treat tinnitus.
Call our Fall River, MA hearing center at 508-674-3334 to make an appointment or inquire about the services we offer on the South Shore, MA.
Why Choose Us
- We Believe an Educated Patient is a Satisfied Patient
- Our Experience Gives You Confidence to Take the First Steps toward Better Hearing
- Comprehensive Testing Ensures We Understand Your Unique Level of Hearing Loss
- State of the Art Hearing Aids Mean You Can Optimize Your Ability to Hear
- Exact Fittings and Programming Guarantee Your Satisfaction
- Exceptional Follow-Up Care Gives You Ongoing, Personalized Customer Service